Monday, October 20, 2014

Visitors from the South

Last month in August, I had visitors from the South ( Tagaytay and Manila). For a time, I have been teaching at the Divine Word School of Theology (DWST) in Tagaytay City.  Some friends over there came to see Sa Kabukiran in August 24-25 for an overnight stay. They were Dra. Maritz, Bing, Grace and Gina. They were joined by Resty, also a colleague studying at DWST. The trip Sa Kabukiran was designed so that there would be both instruction and leisure. Since all these friends were students of the Bible at a certain point, we had some great inputs from Resty regarding the Jewish reading of scriptures. This was a timely input since Resty just arrived from a month long study in Israel.

We had a sumptuous lunch. I call these meals, Laklak meals. Laklak in tagalog means unmoderated greed especially in eating. Soon, I shall be offering up these laklak meals to tourists and travellers who may want to visit Sa Kabukiran as part of their food tripping. I guarantee you, it shall be a voracious experience!

My visitors really were dressed to become tourist in an unfamiliar terrain. The morning after, I toured them around the farm, around my Mom’s memorial kubo and took some pictures  of them with majestic Mt. Arayat at the background.


I’m sure that after spending a night Sa Kabukiran, my visitors from the south would have been filled with a great eating experience and with a calming and soothing experience with nature at the fields Sa Kabukiran. I hope that anyone wanting to have the same experiences as my visitors from the south would soon come flocking to this wonderful oasis we so loving call Sa Kabukiran. 

With me is Lola Bing, the leader of the pack. Here in front of the signage Sa Kabukiran
The sumptuous and colorful laklak meals Sa Kabukiran
Here from left: Resty, Gina, Bing, Maritz, Grace and myself all set for the laklak meal
Everyone with majestic Mt. Arayat at the background
All dressed up for a grand tour Sa Kabukiran
Taking a pose with Mt. Arayat again on the background

No comments:

Post a Comment